Decision on Treatment of Losses on the SEM
On 5th April 2012 the SEMC published a proposed decision paper for consultation (Proposed Decision on Treatment of Losses in the SEM, SEM-12-024). The consultation period ended on the 4th May 2012. Following a review of the responses to SEM-11-098 and consideration of the options available at the time, the SEMC presented two proposed decisions in relation to the treatment of losses in the SEM. These two proposed decisions were as follows:
1. Splitting: The SEMC is proposing not to implement splitting.
2. The SEMC is proposing to maintain compression of TLAFs as the longer term solution for the treatment of losses in both the market and dispatch schedules.
The purpose of this paper is to outline and summarise the responses to that consultation (Proposed decision by the SEMC, SEM-12-024) and to put forward the decision of the SEMC on the treatment of losses in the SEM resulting from that consultation.
Queries with regard to this decision paper should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Decision Paper and related Response Papers are as follows:
Proposed Decision Paper
On 18th November 2011 the SEM Committee published a Consultation Paper (Treatment of Losses in the SEM (SEM-11-098)) to report on the results of the TLAF splitting impact analysis in the SEM and to carry out a full public consultation on this matter.
The purpose of this paper is to outline and sumarise the responses to the Consultation Paper and to put forward the proposed decision of the SEM Committee on the treatment of losses in the SEM resulting fom that consultation process.
Comments are requested from interested parties on matters raised in this paper, specifically the SEM Committee proposals. Comments on this paper should be submitted by 17:00 on Friday 04 May 2012 preferable in electronic form, to Jean Pierre Miura (email@example.com). Please note that the Regulatory Authorities intend to publish all responses. Therefore, confidential responses should be clearly marked as such or, where possible, confidential elements placed in a separate annex to the response.
Responses to Consultation Paper
- BG Energy Response to SEM-11-098 SEM-12-024a BG Energy Response to SEM-11-098.pdf (0.33 MB, Adobe PDF)
- Consumer Council response to SEM-11-098 SEM-12-024b Consumer Council response to SEM-11-098.pdf (0.06 MB, Adobe PDF)
- Endesa Ireland response to SEM-11-098 SEM-12-024c Endesa Ireland response to SEM-11-098.pdf (0.04 MB, Adobe PDF)
- Energia response to SEM-11-098 SEM-12-024d Energia response to SEM-11-098.pdf (0 MB, Adobe PDF)
- ESBPG response to SEM-11-098 SEM-12-024e ESBPG response to SEM-11-098.pdf (0.05 MB, Adobe PDF)
- ESBWD Response to SEM-11-098 SEM-12-024f ESBWD Response to SEM-11-098.pdf (0.02 MB, Adobe PDF)
- IWEA response to SEM-11-098 SEM-12-024g IWEA response to SEM-11-098.pdf (0.22 MB, Adobe PDF)
- NIE PPB Response to SEM-11-098 SEM-12-024h NIE PPB Response to SEM-11-098.pdf (0.04 MB, Adobe PDF)
- Power NI Response to SEM-11-098 SEM-12-024i Power NI Response to SEM-11-098.pdf (0.46 MB, Adobe PDF)
- RES Response to SEM-11-098 SEM-12-024j RES Response to SEM-11-098.pdf (0.08 MB, Adobe PDF)
- Synergen response to SEM-11-098 SEM-12-024k Synergen response to SEM-11-098.pdf (0.21 MB, Adobe PDF)
The SEM Committee has decided to extend the deadline for responses to the consultation on the Treatment of Losses in the SEM (SEM-11-098) until Friday 27th January 2011. Responses should be submitted to Jean-Pierre Miura (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Today, 18th November 2011 the SEM Committee publishes a paper to report on the results of the TLAFs splitting impact analysis in the SEM and to carry out a full public consultation on this matter. The SEM Committee also encourages market participants to carry out their own TLAF modelling and to include full details of their modelling in their submissions on this consultation.
The Regulatory Authorities have received and reviewed TLAF figures and methodology. This paper now publishes the TLAF figures both compressed and uncompressed for 2011-12.
Treatment of Losses in the SEM SEM-11-081 Treatment of Losses in the SEM.pdf (0 MB, Adobe PDF)
Compressed and Uncompressed All Island MP TLAFs SEM-11-081a Compressed and Unconpressed All Island MP TLAFs v5.0.xls (0.20 MB, MS Excel)
In February 2011 the SEM Committee published its Terms of Reference for the impact assessment on the proposed splitting of the treatment of losses in the market schedule from that in the dispatch schedule (SEM-11-006). The initial impact assessment has now been carried out and the results considered by the SEM Committee. This paper outlines the background to this work, the interim decision of the SEM Committee with respect to the treatment of losses in the SEM and the next steps in this process.
In September 2010, the SEM Committee published a decision paper on all island transmission loss adjustment factor arrangements. The paper outlined the SEM Committee's intention to examine 'Splitting' as its preferred long-term solution for the treatment of TLAFs in the SEM.
SEM-11-006 sets out the Terms of Reference for this the impact analysis on Splitting.